Giving Back: Our Community Outreach
Payomet has brought life – and more than 25,000 visitors a year – to Highlands Center in North Truro, not just by presenting its own programming, but by opening itself up to the community. Our outreach includes Cape Cod events, collaborative projects, special initiatives and partnerships with other non-profit organizations and schools to see how we can foster education and social awareness to make our community thrive.
Free Community Events
We give away free tickets and invite the community to events like our Tent Warming Party held in the Spring. Ask us about our Card to Culture – expanding cultural access for low-income and working families.
Outreach Into Schools
Payomet brings the arts into our schools with music performances and workshops as well as Circus Arts instruction, starting with our home town’s Truro Central School and now in Provincetown schools.
Here are just some of the events that sprang from our own imagination, or from collaborative projects, special initiatives and partnerships. We are continually reaching out and connecting to other Cape Cod non-profit organizations to see how we can combine and share resources to make our community thrive!
Do you have a suggestion for a future community project or collaboration? We welcome your ideas!
- National Park Service
- Cape Cod Storytelling Project: Presented in 6 towns on the Cape
- Friends of the Cape Cod National Seashore
- Nauset Newcomers
- Truro Central School: Circus Arts & Music Workshops
- Truth & Justice for Some: Film Series
- Sustainable Cape & The Truro AG Fair
- Center for Coastal Studies
- Provincetown International Film Festival
- Provincetown Art Association and Museum
- Castle Hill Center for the Arts: Puma Park Playground
- Truro Tercentennial Committee: Original theater for Truro’s 300th
- Bikes Not Bombs
- Wellfleet Preservation Hall
- South Wellfleet Neighborhood Association
- Lower Cape Outreach Council
- The Haiti Project: Women Artists of Matenwa
- Arab Cinema Festival: Rebecca Alvin, curator
- Truro Library
- Jewish Federation of Cape Cod
- Yiddish Theater & Klezmer Music Festival
- Al-Rowwad Palestinian Children’s Theater
- Two Rivers Rising: A local history theatre project
“Great venue! Friendly folks! Real Cape Cod feel!”
– David D.