The Box Office Manager manages the Payomet box office and is the customer-facing member of staff who primarily answers box office questions, sells tickets and takes calls.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Payomet is an equal opportunity employer. Payomet is committed to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination including gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, ancestry, and marital status.
About Payomet Performing Arts Center
Payomet Performing Arts Center is a volunteer-driven, non-profit performing arts organization located at Highlands Center, an abandoned air force base, in North Truro, MA on beautiful Cape Cod. We are committed to sustainable growth in order to remain true to our core mission: to produce exciting professional live music, theater, circus arts, and humanities events with social impact. Our artistic decisions are informed by the eclectic tastes of our outer Cape audience. Payomet programming is embedded in core values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and can be described as “outside the box and inside the community.”
Application Deadline: Applications welcome until position is filled
Position Type: Part-time, seasonal. May-October 2023.
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $25-$30/hr Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Flexible schedule, M-F including night work, weekends, and holidays.
Housing: Payomet has some housing options for early applicants who commit to a term of 10-12 weeks.
- Assisting customers with purchasing tickets over the phone, via email, etc.
- Answering emails and voicemails in a timely manner
- Pulling reports through Showare (ticketing system) including the Manifest before shows
- Daily Box Office Report
- Going to the post office and bank
- Keeping the Box Office tidy
- Reconciling any issues between ticket sales and the financial department including shortages or overages in cash drawers.
- Develop and maintain documentation and training material on Box Office policies and procedures.
- Training, managing and scheduling other part-time box office staff/interns
- Must have reliable transportation and housing
- Minimum 1 year box office experience
- Experience with Showare ticketing system preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Good with numbers/cash reconciliation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and flexibility with unusual projects.
- Candidate must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations. Good conflict resolution skills required.
- Personal qualities of integrity, open-mindedness and dedication to the mission of Payomet.
- A can-do attitude and sense of urgency with energy and enthusiasm to be part of a team and an organization in its infancy.
- Passion for the arts and a desire to achieve equity for all.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus!
How to Apply
To apply, email your cover letter and resume as a single PDF file to email@example.com with “Box Office Manager” in the subject line. The cover letter should include relevant experience, how you became aware of the position, and any direct experience you have had with similar positions and organizations. No phone calls, please.